Friday, October 19, 2007

Adreana's 4 yr check up

Adreana went for her 4 year checkup this past Wednesday. It rained when we left so we got soaked but she is getting so big and did so well at the drs. This time they gave her 3 shots (including her flu shot). She was so brave. We talked about how it would hurt but just for a little bit and how it was ok to be a little scared but that Joshua 1:9 tells us that God is with us+ (Joshua 1:9 is one of the verses she has memorized and it has been so good to know in so many situations. We decided to have her memorize that one because it was Camila's favorite but I am sure God knew how much we would use it.)

Back to the checkup. Since it was her 4 year check up they also did a hearing and an eye test. I was going to ask for one (or where to go get one) since I know that we have so many sight problems in Jorge and my family so I was thrilled that our Doctor just does it at 4 years as part of the check up. She did great in the eye exam and was so patient. No problems there (yet). The hearing test scared us a little because she wouldn't pass one of her ears. But the nurse said that it happened and she did end up passing it after the doctor removed some wax build up she had. I took some pictures so you could see how big my baby girl is getting.



Her hearing test. This was actually the ear that gave them some trouble but she was so good. I was so proud of her. Her stats: Weight 31lbs. Height 31-1/2 in. I have to tell you I have been praying for worry to leave me because the nurse let me know that last year at her 3 yr old checkup she weighed the same - 31lbs. They asked me if she was eating ok and then told me it was fine but worry still got a hold of me. After talking to Angie and much prayer (we are going through a Bible Study called choosing to change with Angie) I realized that I really had nothing to worry about and was just allowing it to rob me of peace and joy. I have always known I have a pettite child by US Standards but she is a healthy child so I have made the choice not to worry. It still tried to creep in but I am fighting it off and choosing to trust God and his word. So there you go a little bit of my spiritual journey also. I imagine most of you know what I am talking about so prayer for this would not hurt any of us.

No comments: