Saturday, October 18, 2008

Adreana



I decided on Adreana's 5yr old photo shoot to go ahead and do some fall pictures for the shoot I am planning and I fell in love with them. They are so her. So much so that I thought they would be the perfect intro to tell you all about my beautiful girl.

Adreana is definitely beautiful but more than just outside beauty she is beautiful on the inside. She is the type of girl that will give up what she has to a child that is crying. Especially with a younger child. She has done it on more than one ocassion and she always makes me so proud. She really has empathy for others.

One of the cutest things that has happened lately was that before bedtime I let her go feed her webkinz. For those of you that don't know a webkinz is a "pet" that you take care of online. Well the webkinz usually say stuff like: I love you or you are the best friend ever, etc. Well he had thrown her kisses and all sorts of stuff and after we prayed Adreana said: "Do you think Pear bear likes me?" and I said "Didn't he say he did?" and she said "Yes, but do you think he meant it?"

She plays well with others and would love to be friends with everyone. Her heart is instantly broken when another little girl tells her she doesn't want to play with her, which as it is happens more often that I could ever have dreamed of because little girls can be mean. She doesn't say mean stuff so it is terribly hard for her to hear it from others. That is why she has so many boys that are friends even though she is all girl.

She loves soccer and swimming. Her favorite shows on TV are Ace of Cakes, Food Network Challenges and Throwdown. She loves cooking and makes me have cooking class repeatedly for homeschool.

What she loves the most is baby dolls. She loves to watch moms with babies. When there is a mom here with a baby she becomes her shadow because she needs to "learn". The next day it is inevitable that she tries it out with her babies.

Her biggest concern in life right now is that Benjamin gets potty trained. She has read every potty training book in the child's section in Barnes and Noble. Unfortunately for me Benjamin hasn't! She constantly reminds him and encourages him to go. The truth is she mothers Benjamin constantly. Worries about what he is doing, if he is obeying, etc. Since the incident at the Omniplex she doesn't like him hurting his head, always concerned for a repeat. I have to constantly remind her that I am his mother and that she needs me to worry about him.

She is extremely obedient. The type of child that other parents look at you for and go wow. Of course since my second is not quite that way they get over the "what a great parent she must be" pretty quickly. As parents we are finding it extremely hard not to expect her to be perfect every time. She is so good that it has come to be expected and we react to her not being so when in the same case with Benjamin we might let it go.

She doesn't like to be called pretty. You might call her beautiful and cute but not pretty. She doesn't like dresses or skirts but loves to dress up in her princess costumes. She loves sparkly flip flops especially when her toes are painted. One particular Sunday after I made her put on her Easter dress I found her crying in her room. When I asked what was wrong, she looked at me and said, "they will all say I am pretty if I wear this dress." Yet the other day when Jorge and I were busy and she needed help and we weren't paying any attention she said, "Will someone help the pretty princess".

She also has a great sense of humor. Like today that my head was hurting terribly, I asked outloud to Jorge and her, "what will you do with my body once my head explodes" and without hesitation she answered "Throw it away." When I went what, she said "I was just kidding".

But my favorite thing about her is that she has a tender heart towards God. She has insurmountable faith and prays with me about everything. She expects an answer. About a month ago when in the kids worship time the teacher asked what they were thankful for. Her answer: "That God forgives our sins".

Sorry this was so long but there is so much about her I would love to share. God gave us a precious girl and we are so thankful for it!

2 comments:

Erin said...

What a sweet and beautiful girl! It was so fun seeing you all... how was Marketplace?

Erin said...

yes, please stop in! If the baby is here, Mike's parents will be here also and I know they would love to see you guys. We'll let you know when this baby comes :)