Thursday, November 20, 2008

Take a look


Did you see? You might need to click on it to get an even closer look. Yes that is what has happened in our house lately. 4 stitches. The picture is of the night it happened. Tuesday night. As you can see he was already smiling. Was I smiling? Probably not or who knows, who can keep from smiling at that cute face.

What happened? I am not 100% sure. I had to clean house and do some photo stuff so I put on the video we had rented earlier that day for our Tv time. When I left him he was sitting on the couch eating pretzels. About 30 min after I heard a thunk and when I walked into the living room I found him screaming and covered in blood. Adreana says she thinks he hit the fireplace. She was watching the TV so she didn't really see it happen. I think he hit the fireplace too. And there you have it. The fireplace gave him a big hole in the head! The Dr (and Jorge) said it looked like a hole because of the tension lines in the face make it stretch and although I completely understand I still saw a hole in my sons head. Not something I am likely to forget anytime soon.

But I do have to tell you, Adreana was a champ. She kept herself together. Obeyed at first order and in the car when I was about to lose it she said, "Mama can I pray". The sweetest words I could hear! And boy did her prayer help! It really helped me calm down and remember God is in control.

As for the boy, let me tell you he is absolutely 100% fine... except for the fact that he has 4 stitches on his nose. Yesterday he was already trying to climb the post and jump of the couch (both of which I stopped before they even started). But if you care to ask how his parents are... well that is a different story. We are still somewhat sore from the holding him at the drs office. Yesterday we had to take ibuprofen for our back and knee pain. The dr said he will probably not have a scar so that is good. In a few more days we will have to go through the experience of having stitches off.

My prayer: That this is the first and last time! I am not cut out for this!

2 comments:

Wife, Mother and photographer said...

oh man!! I'm sorry!! but it looks like he's quite the trooper!! And Adreana sounds like she did awesome and helped to keep you together, which is a blessing!!! I hope the stitches come out easy!!

Erin said...

Adreana is soooo precious!!