Well I have had a very interesting last couple of days to say the least!
It all started Tuesday when on my way to deliver pictures from my last shoot I went RIGHT through a Stop sign (didn't see it!) and got my first ticket. Not a great feeling!
Then on Wednesday... we went to the Omniplex to have a great day and were doing so when in the space exhibit Benjamin missed a step and went tumbling down two steps right on his head. He cried like I had never seen him cry before. I then took him to the first aid but his pupils were dilating and the guy obviously didn't know anything so we went upstairs to let adreana play in the gimnastics exhibit and because I wasn't sure what to do. He sat on my lap and cudled the whole time. Very lethargic. But he didn't take a nap so that might explain that much. Then it happened he threw up not a lot but enough to freak me out and send me running to the car and to call Jorge. Well Jorge wouldn't answer his cell phone or his office phone. So I proceeded to come towards home. And then he threw up again... this time lots! After having just had a conversation with a friend that is a dr that throwing up after a head injury can sometimes be a sign of a concussion I started freaking out even more. So I called Angie who having worked at a head trauma center knew enough to have me ask him questions and make sure he was responding and then gave me directions to an after hours clinic. Knowing he was responding and seemed to understand what I was saying and who I was and who Adreana was made the trip to the clinic a tiny bit better because I knew he would fall asleep... but only a tiny bit better. Thankfully Angie had seen Jorge's car in the garage so she called him and he met me at the hours clinic to help. He woke up as soon as we got there which was a relief. We changed him but he was still so very lethargic. He threw up twice more while we were at the drs. but he gave him a clean bill of health because everything else was fine. He did send us home and made us wake him up every 3 hours through the night just to make sure that he was responsive. So Benjamin woke up rested but I was dead! Anyway quite a scare and I realized I don't react real well to emergency's. It is a good thing God will always have me covered!
No comments:
Post a Comment