Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wonderful Day Trip

We really didn't have any plans for labor day weekend except for a cookout with neighbors. So on Sunday when Jorge suggested a day trip right after church it sounded like fun. And boy was I thrilled. He picked a "mountain" (more like a hill if you are from CA :)!) and we all headed out! We just bought a new camera and lens so it was the perfect trip for trying them out.

I was thinking scenery and kid pictures but what was my surprise when on our way to the visitors center we see a whole bunch of cars parked and taking pictures. So we stopped and just a few feet from us there were 4 buffaloes grazing and having the time of their lives so we switched lens and started taking pics. I have learned I am not such a brave soul because after a couple I climbed back in the car and took them from inside. :)! With my 300mm lens it looked like they were ready to attack! Anyway less talk more pictures:



The Buffalo

Some prairie dogs



Climbing







2 comments:

Justscraps aka: Jamie said...

What a great bunch of pictures!! I LOVE the buffalo shots! A day trip! Great idea!

Erin said...

what fun! Where was that? Quartz mountains? We miss you guys. We came through OKC on Monday on the way home from Dallas but we had our nephew with us and he had to get back to JBU so we were in a hurry. I had thought we would stop and see you on the way through before I knew he was coming with us. Maybe another time.