Monday, January 17, 2011

Christmas Crafting

Part of the reason I didn't blog this year at Christmas time is because I was so busy crafting. I know I told my mom about some of them so I wanted to make sure I showed them off also!

Back when Adreana was born I made these topiary trees for our Christmas decoration. They were my pride and joy and they looked MUCH better than they do in the pictures.  We have had them in our decoration ever since. Yes that is 6 long years....



 This year however they were showing their wear and I was ready for them to change so I looked on blogs until I found these... I wish I could tell you were I found the instructions but I have forgotten.


I am sure they won't last for 7 years because they were already falling apart when they got put away for the season but for this year I loved them. Next year I will have to see what we can do!



 Another little craft I made were this owls that I also got from a blog but I can't remember the name either. They were shoecased at Ucreate blog that I love... I made them for Nay because she has a bird tree and she loves owls. I should have made some for me but the colors really don't go with anything in our tree... although I am considering maybe next year.


 I needed something cute fast and cheap for our wonderful AWANA teachers and since I had gotten so good with the paper rossettes I decided to add them to some post it note holders. I have one a friend made a long time ago and I love it. Not quite so plain to have sitting on your desk.



I made about 5 of these for gifts but ended up only giving 2 away! One impromptu (I was wearing it and when a friend commented I decided to give it to her) and the other planned. I kept the rest for me and Adreana becuase I loved them so much. I still have to redo this one for me.
 And this is not really anything I made but I don't have anything to show of the tags. Didn't they turn out cute? the teachers loved them! Inside the sonic cup a gift certificate. I can't take credit for the idea but it is so simple and cute.
 And the last craft I will show in this post! A sparkly Noel. I made it for Adreana's room. Last year she started decorating her room for Christmas and I thought this would add just the amount of spark but when Iwas done I just couldn't part with it and I kept it! I never told her though... :)

If you are interested in knowing how to make any of these leave a comment or send me an email and I would be more than happy to tell you! Hope you enjoyed seeing everything I made as much as I enjoyed showing them off!

2 comments:

Wife, Mother and photographer said...

I love them all, but my faves are the topiary, they look so delicate. You are so crafty!! Great job!

Mariafer said...

It was delicate! Some of the roses fell apart when I was putting it away! :) I have them sitting in my shelves though (the flowers) I couldn't throw them away :(. Glad you liked it!