Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Christmas bears

 Finally the post about my Christmas cupcakes. It all started with the coke bottles. I love those ornament coke bottlest and couldn't figure out what to do with them and then I ran across this blog post by Bakerella. We always have cake or cupcakes at Christmas to sign to baby Jesus so this was perfect for our household.

So I bought some clearanced coke bottles and much to Jorge's dismay kept them for a whole year. Just for this. I wasn't sure if they would make them again and wasn't about to run any chances. I bought me some white fondant and spent way too much time coloring some red and went to work on the bears. Jorge doubted that I would be able to make them but I managed and am pretty happy with the results actually (except for the red fondant... there is a reason why she suggests buying it precolored).

After the bears were made though we started thinking of the signing happy birthday and it just didn't seem right to do it to bears and coke bottles sooo... I just had to make baby Jesus in swaddling cloths. I was making the cloths blue (for color contrast) when I was told by my kids that that would be wrong that they had to be white. The box was a little tough to make but all in all I like how he turned out also. Who knew my love for playdough would someday pay off!
Everyone in my house is a photographer. Benjamin is using his brand new DS for pictures. Adreana is behind him using her Itouch. They lined the bears themselves for their shoot. I took my pictures and then they took theres.

Here he is inside his globe. I didn't do the sugar water for the snow on top or the little decoration for the top of the globe but still extremely cute I think. I also didn't turn the cupcake upside down, maybe next time. This one was my favorite. He looks so cute!
Here are a couple more. I love the one lying down but not as much as those sitting up.
And last but not least Baby Jesus with white swaddling cloths and some straw in the manger. He is my favorite of all!


And last but not least a few more pictures of our train. I think Adreana and I did a pretty good job. And we sure had fun doing it. Merry Christmas for the As.

No comments: