First the decorations:
I wanted to make sure the party still had a girly feel so we made a name banner and flowers that I had been seeing on line. Adreana loved the flowers so much we still haven't been able to throw them away. She helped make them and I think it added so much to our space.


We found a director's frame piñata and that was part of our center piece like usual. We also used a lot of red yellow and black to go with the theme.


I was supposed to make cake balls by petition of the birthday girl but I ran out of time so I only made one for her. A little popcorn box. Adreana cut up the marshmallows to look like popcorn as part of the decoration. You saw that the rest of the cake balls became ghosts and mummies for Halloween.
Jorge was in charge of the movie theater look so he printed some posters and put them around so it looked like a real movie theater. As you can tell they watched How to train a Dragon. He also set up a projector and used my photography background stand with my white background for the movie. It was pretty amazing. The party was at night so we didn't have to worry about making the house dark.
On the picture above you can see her invitation: A yellow ticket. I didn't get pictures of this either but I still have one so I can get one and add it later.
Here are the kids watching the movie. The picture isn't great but it was dark and so the flash hurt our eyes!

I didn't get any pictures of our concession stand but when the kids arrived they got money (that I printed of the internet with Adreana's face on it :)!) and then they could go to the concession stand and order hotdog, pizza, nachos, candy, drink (about 6 different types of juice and soda pop), and caramel, butter or white chocolate popcorn. Adreana was the cashier and she was speedily asking everyone for their money. It was a bit chaotic so I didn't get any pictures which is pretty sad as I think this was the kids favorite part of the party. Jorge made a price list to put on the wall and one on the ipad which the kids loved. If it hadn't been for Angie we might not have served everyone :)! So thanks Angie! We even charged for refills. Luckily for the kids we had a grandpa (Dave) at the theater and as you know since grandparents like to spoil kids if they ran out of money they could go get some. A few took advantage of the fact when they used the last of their money, just in case they needed more. They were also only allowed to purchase 2 candies because I was afraid some might not eat and only have chocolate!
After the movie we had the piñata and cake:

Happy Birthday Adreana!
The cupcakes were pretty special. If you know Adreana you know she is a food network junkie like her mother and in summer they had a cupcake challenge show where it seemed that they filled all the cupcakes so for her birthday she wanted them filled. So I went online and searched until I figured out how we were going to do that. We ended up using hershey's already made caramel to fill chocolate cupcakes and then I made a caramel buttercream that was delicious. I normally don't like frosting but this one was yummy! The cupcakes ended up being a bit too fancy for some of the kids but my little girl loved them. Thankfully I had made some without caramel inside for some (including my Benjamin).This is the first party we do where parents didn't have to stay (I mean we do that for the valentine's party but it is only about 4 girls so I don't think it counts). This was a great party for this because after they ate and the movie started we didn't have to do much. I actually almost fell asleep for a little bit.
And at the end of the day this is how I felt. I wish I was Molly and could actually have done just this.....
As usual I wish you could have all joined us!



1 comment:
I'll have to give you my hoho recipe. It's easy and makes the best cupcakes! Another great party, maria :)
Post a Comment