Well first of all let me tell you that since 2001 that I moved to the US Mother's Day is a tough day for me. Atleast now I don't spend some time crying but I still get a bit sad to be so far away from home. I am... well old... and I still miss my mommy.
But anyway this Friday Jorge let me know that he would have to go on a road trip on Sunday which didn't add any warm fuzzy feelings to the upcoming Mother's Day. I had to go man the VBS table at church on Saturday and when I finished he let me know he wanted us to celebrate right then and I picked Musashi which is one of those cook in front of you Japanese Steakery's I wanted to take Benjamin because I thought he would enjoy it.
And he did! He loved it. They were a bit afraid of the fire close to our table but they were brave. The man that was cooking for us was also great! He listened to Benjamin and answered all his questions even at the end when Benjamin told him that the cooking area looked dirty. Adreana also loved it. When we left she told me that she was glad I didn't pick Chilli's (her number one choice always).
Their favorite part was the onion volcano. Benjamin ate all his food and some of mine! Jorge had ordered a sampler for him and me but Benjamin ate most of my steak and some of my chicken on top of his teriyaki beef. He had drank all the soup they brought as an appetizer. Adreana loved the show but wasn't crazy about the food. She loved the soup but was too busy watching him work to eat and then the chicken and rice weren't her favorite but I don't think it mattered :)!
Overall a great mother's day dinner. The kids are already trying to convince us to make it an every year event. We shall see :)!
No comments:
Post a Comment