For our sunday school I got to make my first GIRL diaper cake so I went all out and spent TOO much time making it. Her room colors where pink and green and her mom described it as shabby chic so I couldn't help myself (really I couldn't, I had to do it!) and I made like 30 hairbows for the cake.
Please forgive my pictures I was too busy making hair bows to get any decent pictures at home and had to go with what I got at the church ... including a dirty white board and no flash cause I forgot it at home :)!

I put this cute little barrette in the back because I didn't think the black looked great in the front but it was one of my fave's.
This was the topper. Three big flowers stuck together. I already made the gerbera's for Adreana but this front one will be made again... that and a whole lot more...For the baby boy since he is a foster baby and we don't know how long she is going to have him I wanted to give her stuff she could use now so it was 3-6 month socks and the cutest pair of shoes... They had asked for blue and some green with splashes of orange but I found this great ribbon and used brown and blue with orange poppies instead... I don't like using pins or tape or anything on my diaper cakes so the socks kept falling off... Next time I will have to think of something more creative or who knows, I haven't made two the same yet so it probably will look completely different :)!


On a funny note, Ada planned this right and I had about 5 or 6 people think the baby girl one was real fondant cakes, including the mom to be. My 4 yr old sunday school kiddos saw it before I added the socks and were wondering when we were going to eat it until I told them to go take a close look. They were a bit dissapointed :)

No comments:
Post a Comment