Saturday, March 6, 2010

Adreana and Tio Manolo

One of my very first memories is of my cousin Carola and me getting filthy with a chocolate dipped cone in the backseat of my moms car with ice cream dripping all over. And Manolo (my brother) was a bit overwhelmed with the filth. He kept telling us that he asked for milkshakes so he wouldn't get dirty.

And I always thought it was strange. To get a milkshake, not because you prefer it but because you don't want to get dirty. I always considered it strange and still do because you know I would rather get what I want and clean up later... if I felt the need to clean up. Being dirty was not high on my list of concerns as a child. But since I love my brother I decided I would accept him as is, wierdness and all.

And then Adreana came along. She has always been particular about having her hands clean but nothing drastic. And then about a month ago she started asking for donut holes instead of her favorite chocolate donut. I first thought she just had learned to like something else but she would always say something like: Benjamin's donut looks yummy. So I did it, I asked... a little afraid of what I would hear but I asked anyway.

me: Adreana, Why did you start ordering donut holes?

Adreana: Because I don't want to get my hands dirty.

Something to think about, Could weirdness be hereditary??

2 comments:

Wife, Mother and photographer said...

Your brother will get a kick out of this story! Thanks for sharing. As for your question...a good thing to ponder.

Erin said...

not hereditary... God just does this to us for a good laugh :