Another one of those posts that is basically for me because I really don't want to forget. (kids can say and do the cutest things!)Benjamin: Yesterday when I was putting Adreana down to bed. Benjamin walked in and wanted to snuggle with us. After a second of that he started trying to play so I gave her a kiss goodnight and told him we had to leave. She wanted a kiss from him before we left but as usual with Benjamin he said no. So I did what we always do when we want to give him a kiss. I picked him up and held him tight so Adreana could kiss him. But since I had him right there I kissed him too. He thought that was funny so when I put him down I said "Didn't you like those kisses?" and he said "I don't like kisses, I like lollipops" and who can argue with that.
Adreana: On Saturday after a full day of playing, we couldn't find mono (her lovey) and went in search of him before bedtime. After about 10 min of looking I asked her to go to sleep and I would find it for him. It was about an hour past her bedtime so reluctantly she fell asleep. Jorge and I looked in every room and every nook and couldn't find it. We even went into the kids rooms to look. I was getting worried but after about 30 min we decided that it was dark and we couldn't properly look in the kids rooms so we would look the next day. After church I had a headache and went to lie down and Adreana came with me. She started whimpering and told me she missed mono. So after a bit I got up and Jorge and I started looking (more desperately this time). We got so desperate that Jorge went outside and looked through the garbage (did I tell you we were desperate). All along I was praying because we knew it was in the house and I knew it would be tucked away by my sweet girl somewhere or another. After again another 30 min Adreana woke up and I started trying to get her to remember. I told her "Did you put Mono down for a nap yesterday and just don't remember?" (putting dolls down for a nap is a favorite around here) She started running to her room and Jorge says she went straight to her doll house and pulled him out. Now here is the interesting part. Jorge and I just smiled and felt relieved. No complaining about trash or an hour lost, just relief. All I could do was say a Thank you to God and give my girl a big hug.
oh and btw the picture is of Adreana in her favorites (she dressed herself yesterday): Her favorite red comfy pants, her reindeer shirt, her princess necklace and her heartshaped Troy necklace.
1 comment:
that's the only reason I blog is to write down the things I want to remember... the bad thing is that I am having trouble remembering to blog :)
Post a Comment