Friday, December 14, 2007

Manolo's visit

Well he left over a week ago but I decided to go ahead and post a pic of my brother Manolo and Adreana while he was here. She enjoyed him so much! It was great because he was only going to be here about 2 days and it takes her a few days to warm up to people so it was important that she feel comfortable around him fast. And she did. It was amazing. She was sitting up on his lap after the first night. She loved to play "where do we go" with him (he would put her on his shoulders and she had to say left or right and get them where they had to go). I am pretty sure at the end she was getting them lost on purpose, you could tell by the smirk on her face. They also loved to play wrestling and tickling with Benjamin included. There were a lot of tough calls when I thought someone was going to get hit on the head but everyone is alright after the weekend. We had so much fun and it felt so good to be able to actually see him after 5 years (can you believe it has been that long!) without seeing him. I know for those of you in Honduras it will be the same feeling when I finally get to see you.

A praise to God: Manolo left just before we got hit with the ice storm. Please pray for the tons of people without power here. Especially Marleny, Dan, Rayne and Dave as they are without power. To make matters worse they are saying we are going to get snow today and tommorrow. We are expecting anywhere from an inch to 4 inches so please pray that no more people loose power. We have been blessed to have only had two surges in the whole time the ice was on the ground. Yesterday I finally went farther than walmart and it was so sad to see beautiful trees all over the place. It looked pretty bad.

Anyway as to what has been up this week... we were stuck inside from Mon to Wed (I don't drive in ice) so I took the opportunity to catch up on laundry and finish some Christmas gifts. Almost done! I will take pictures of what we are doing this year. They are cute if I do say so myself! I am trying to get the christmas cards and letters done but still haven't gotten there... so if you don't get one this year... sorry! (I did get the ones for Honduras mailed and sent so that atleast felt good!)

No comments: