Well we definitely had a busy weekend. On Friday the kids (including Jordan) and I headed to the zoo. We spent from 10:30 am to 2pm (way past nap time!) there. Even Jordan came home to take a nap. But we did have a wonderful time. I will update later with pictures. That evening Grandpa Dave and Grandma Nay rolled into town so we went to see them. Both kids were fast asleep by the time we got home.
On Saturday we had brunch. Adreana didn't want to eat breakfast because she heard us talking about going out to eat the day before and wanted to wait. I finally convinced her to eat atleast a cereal bar and I am glad I did because Jorge and I got busy cleaning and forgot about the time and we didn't get to the restaurant until almost 11:30. Nay and Dave beat us there... Hard to believe, but true!
Sunday we decided to go to the church where Adreana's MDO is at and when she saw where we were going she was confused so we told her that her play school had a church to which she answered "when did they get that?" Then when we got went to drop her of at the nursery we walked past her regular room so she started slowing down and when we got to the room she looked at me with her eyes real wide and said "mama, I am not sure about this." Thankfully one of her classmates mom was the teacher so we were able to get her to relax and go in. Benjamin on the other hand saw that his class had a slide and didn't look back.
The highlights of Sunday had to be the baking! Nay taught me how to do a cobbler type cake... but get this ingredient list: 1 c flour, 1 c sugar, 1 stick melted butter, 1 c fruit. We made it out of cherries and blueberries... To die for. Then the kids helped make my deditos de princesa which has the same type of ingredients: 1 c flour, 1 c powdered sugar, 1 stick butter, 1 tsp vanilla...
I lied! the highlight of MY day sunday was when Dave and Nay took Adreana with them to spend the night. They didn't bring her until today at 5pm! Benjamin and I had some good times today! But I did miss her and I am pretty sure Benjamin missed her too because in the morning and after his nap he looked for her.
Oh, one other thing... Our neighbors gave us a small slide for the backyard for Benjamin but papa kept it inside these last couple of days. What is it with boys. Benjamin has learned to push himself with his arms and his bottom barely touches the slide at the beginning. We have also caught him climbing up, going down face first and WALKING down it. Now you tell me what is in the head of this child that he thinks he can get away with any of this and what else is there to try on this slide so that I can be prepared!
I hope to try and put some pics of the baking and zoo tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment