I have a friend, Mireida (Ada to those of you who knew her before we moved), who is a pro at all entertainment. Going to a get together at her house is always a pleasure. She recently threw a shower for her daughter and it was to die for. I got some pictures and I just had to share...
There is tons I didn't take pictures so you are getting just a glimpse of the awesomeness. Her daughter also has a blog so hopefully she will post about the party. I know she took way more pictures than I did. All of this was decor and gifts. The cakes are the most elegant diaper cakes I have ever seen. The kisses were a guess how many game and the black basket contained gifts she made for the baby (coordinating burb cloths, wipe carrier and bibs) a headband and a flower.
You can catch a glimpse of the other reason why this shower was important enough to blog about in the top left picture in the mirror. Adreana. This was the first baby shower she ever attended. She was so excited to get to attend a girly thing. At first she was a bit disappointed that there was not going to be a baby at the party and I wasn't sure that she wasn't going to get bored especially after all the hype she had created for herself so I made sure she took something to play with but she didn't. She stayed engaged the whole party. She had a blast with the games and even tried the the baby foods, she was intrigued by the gifts for baby as she loves anything baby related. And she loved the food. I am so sorry I don't have more detail on the food because it was superb! She had some things I am not sure I know what they were but were exquisite and beautifully presented. Look at those strawberries. I couldn't wait to try them and I don't even like strawberries... The rest of the decoration was stuffed animals and their reading counterpart. She made bookplates (ok so I made book plates for her because she isn't the most techy person I know but she gave very precise instructions!) and attached them to the inside cover and the guests wrote something to baby and mom. Isn't that the most perfect way to start a book collection.
Of course with Mireida it is all about the details. From the water bottles (which were almost to pretty to drink) to the candles. And then there was the cake. Beautiful and delicious and the perfect way to end a celebration. I sure had fun and I know Nani had fun too! Thanks for a wonderful party friend!



No comments:
Post a Comment