
Many of you know that we don't do Santa at our house. My parents didn't do Santa with me (for completely different reasons) so I pretty much knew it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't do Santa with the kids plus we get the added bonus of really getting excited about the birth of Jesus versus the gift that a non-existant man might bring us...
But today I was surprised that Benjamin has no idea who Santa is. Adreana has always known. She is also at an age that she realizes other children believe in Santa. In other words if your kids believe maybe keep them away from mine. Back to Benjamin: his teacher gave him a candy cane with a cute Santa attached to it and asked him who it was. My sons reply: a snowman. She looked at him wierd and I didn't explain... too much going on but when we came home I told Jorge. Well Jorge showed him a Santa and said Benjamin who is this and Benjamin answered "I don't know".
So there you have it. I don't know how it happened and we will be teaching him about who Santa is this year. Hopefully this doesn't put me on Santa's naughty list!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment