Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Saturday fun

This past Saturday we went to the annual picnic sponsered by Jorge's work. Adreana had been asking all summer when we would get back. Last year she loved it. I don't know how many of you remember the layout with both kids going down the huge inflatable slide.

As usual for credits please go to My gallery



Well like last year it was blistering HOT! This year we were smarter and went earlier so we lasted longer and got to see everything they had. We had a great lunch of chilli, hot dogs, burgers and chips, but my favorite was the corn. Here are some pictures:







Something scary. When we were getting the food I turned around to ask Adreana and she was completely white. Her lips had NO color and she looked like she was ready to pass out. She was way over heated and hadn't had much breakfast and it was late so I think it was a combination of both. We managed to get lots of liquid in her and some food. We also wrapped her head and neck in those "hugs" that you hidrate and cool you down. She started looking better pretty quick but it still startled me. From now on I am making sure my kids get plenty of liquid when we are outside.

No comments: