Sunday, August 10, 2008

Benjamin's Birthday Party

We had Benjamin Birthday Party this past Saturday and boy did we have fun. We had a total of 12 kids but 4 of them were late so it didn't feel sooo crowded.

So here is what happened. Like I had mentioned before (I think) Party America had a sale so we got tons of Diego stuff for it. We had balloons and a HUGE Diego and Dora wall cling.

The Diego Balloon.

More Diego Cupcakes and a rasberry filled cake for the adults.

Everything was Diego, the hats, the cups even the napkin holders were printed out Diego.

We also printed some watches at nickjr.com and Granpa Dave helped me hide some plastic animals to be "rescued". When the kids walked in (and after we got Benjamin all dressed up like Diego), we gave them each some binoculars and a paper watch that had an animal name behind it that needed "rescuing". Off they went in search of their animal. We told them they were hidden but they all wanted to find them with the binoculars which did not make for an easy task so Grandpa Dave had to hand out clues for them to find. After they did that we were ready for the next game but I had misplaced them so we colored some Diego placemats instead.


Benjamin holding his Diego watch. This was the most succesful activity. The kids loved the binoculars and the watches and the hunt.

Adreana coloring her placemat.


When I finally found out "pin the badge on Diego" game we were all set to go. We used a blindfold and the first one was our birthday boy. So here is the story: I put the blindfold on help him walk to the Diego and he proceeds to take of the blindfold and place the badge on Diego. We decided it was fair play since he was the birthday boy!

Benjamin taking off his blindfold.


After that we headed out to the garage to hit the piƱata. I wasn't able to get Benjamin to pose with Diego since he was so eager to hit him. As usual the pinata was a big hit and so was the candy inside.


A hug instead of a pose.
Swinging away.


After the pinata it was obviously time for cake. Jorge turned on the candles and before we could sing Benjamin blew them out so we had to start again. The second time he did wait for the song.


The second time I was ready with the camera but he still did it so fast I got a blurry one.


Then it was off to open presents. He got tons of great toys that he is loving. Here is a picture of what Abuela Ruth and Abuelo Leon got him (she doesn't know what she got him so I thought a picture would help). He got tons of Diego toys as can be imagined but the praise is that none of them were repeats! How cool is that! Nothing to go exchange!



The gift from abuela Ruth was a hit!


We also gave out balloon animals but unfortunately this mom and dad could only make doggies and swords. I undoubedtly got asked for cats and fish and everything else but I had to always conclude with... do you want a dog or a sword? All of them wanted dogs. I am going to have to google and learn something new for the next party. Oh, Jorge figured out how to make a leash for Ada's dog and a flower for Jordyn and Alex. Maybe I should just let him google...



And that was the end of our busy busy day. I think Benjamin had a blast and I had a blast watching him have a blast. This is the first year he realizes all this excitement is all for him! And he sure did get a kick of having a birthday. Sunday morning he slept in with Daddy while Adreana and I went to church.




Adreana decided she wanted to spend the night in the tent. Benjamin had said he wanted to but last minute he changed his mind.

No comments: