Sunday, November 24, 2013

Past Geography Fairs

I came to post about this years Geography fair and was trying to reminisce of years past and it became evident that I only posted pictures of last year... so I decided to do a couple pages with past years... So here is 2008 and 2011.

In 2008 we did Honduras. Adreana decided to dress up in her soccer jersey because she loved it! She was in Pre-K and all we really learned about was weather (we were doing seasons in Science) and food. We made horchata as sample and brought a TON home. Jorge had a good time finishing it off. It was the first time we had even heard of the Geography fair and we learned a lot. But mostly we learned not to do it until the kids were older and could help out!
In 2011, we decided we should give the Geography Fair a try again. This time I let the kids choose a country of someone we knew. Benjamin wanted China because of Luis but after I told him he grew up in Panama, he wasn't as interested. There were quite a few countries on the table but the kids chose Aruba. I think because they love Ada and Luis. So after talking to Ada she got us a whole bunch of things and gave me a lesson on all thing Aruba. I learned so much and then went to the web to find pictures for the kid to see. I so want to visit Aruba some day. Sounds like the perfect place to relax. When talking about food, Ada told me that they ate cocadas and since my mom was coming for a visit the day before the fair we decided to have her bring us some. Again not a lot of fans of the cocadas except a friend from Mexico that took a bunch home. But we were able to share some with Ada and I enjoyed the left overs. The best part of this Geography Fair
was having my mom be able to experience school with us.
And if you are interested in our Geography fair for 2012: Go here! and for 2013: Go here

No comments: