4th of July is one of those holidays that have taken me a while to appreciate but once our little family started building traditions, I sure enjoy it so much more. This year we skipped on the tradition of the balloon fight because the kids had had one recently, just the two of them and Jorge and I were also not up to filling balloons. Our plans were also subject to change so we wanted to keep life simple. We did however do the parade again and A rode a float once more. We cooked a special burger dinner and got ready for fireworks light up bracelets and all.
AHGs float ended up being the 2nd float of the parade! Yeah because we didn't have to be there long but oh no because we had to be there early. It was a great parade small town parade, with my boy loving the OKC Starwars club the best. Ada and Luis got to join us which made it even better. If you have been reading the news you heard about the boy that got run over by a trailer after he fell or jumped off the float he was riding. That is at the back of my mind as I make this post. Please pray for that sweet family. Some good friends of our knew him and I know that his family is being loved on by church family but I can't even imagine what that is like for his family. He was Ben's age.
I think these pics need an explanation. I didn't feel like taking a tripod. This year we were thinking we would have to walk so I knew I didn't want to lug it around. For a couple of years, in fact, I haven't wanted to mess with the tripod so I have been "experimenting" to no avail so this year I decided to go firework bokeh style! I love it!!! Not your typical fireworks and some were a bit blurry but some turned out just like I wanted.



No comments:
Post a Comment